Monday, January 28, 2008

Gun shop employee accidentally shot in finger

An employee of Jim’s Gun Jobbery and Indoor Range was shot in the finger Saturday night when a gun accidentally misfired.
Michael Tate, 55, was handed a gun which had jammed when a customer was using the indoor range, said Fayetteville police Sgt. F.M. Jernigan. When Tate attempted to unjam the weapon, it fired.
“The employee grabbed the gun and, unfortunately, he grabbed the trigger and it went off in his hand,” Jernigan said.
The bullet from the 9 millimeter semiautomatic handgun took a chunk out of Tate’s left ring finger near the webbing.
“It didn’t actually go through his hand,” Jernigan said.
Tate was aiming the gun down when it discharged, Jernigan said. After striking his finger, the bullet lodged in a cabinet.
When police arrived at 6:30 p.m. at the Yadkin Road business, the range was briefly cleared. By the time Jernigan left, gun owners were back on the range.
Tate was transported to Cape Fear Valley Medical Center. His injuries were not life-threatening.
“He felt pretty embarrassed being employed by Jim’s Pawn Shop for the firing range,” Jernigan said.

in the imortal words of the simpsons:

some folks will never lose a toe
and then again some folks'll
like cletus the slack lawed yokel

at least he cleared the jam.............

No comments: