Saturday, October 13, 2007

The big lie.......

Yes, I am still on hiatus (in other news, the master bedroom is in, we've moved up and it's fabulous!), but I came across a quote today at Time.com that speaks for itself, by Jenna Bush.She was asked:If the war in Iraq is so noble, why aren't you and your sister serving our country there? —Donald Pence, San Francisco

Jenna responded:I understand that point, but there are many ways to serve our country, and I think my skills are better suited for teaching and representing the U.S. in Latin America through UNICEF. I respect the men and women of our country who are over there fighting. It is an unbelievably selfless thing to do. But if people really thought about it, they would know it's not even a practical question.

This is the Young Republican's version of the Big Lie. Because, if you watched Farhenheit 911, you'd know that the other Young Republicans that were interviewed said the very same thing. That there are just SO many different ways to serve thier country---anything but actually joining the armed forces!!!I also cringe at her arrogance, that her situation is less practical than a family whose National Guard member is serving a fourth tour, without his or her normal income, or without his or her presence in the family. How fucking practical is that?Anyone that is still behind this administration is certifiable. You just can't be that obtuse and still be a functional human being.More after my computer is repaired, my house guests reluctantly sent off, and my kitchen completed...



stolen from motherhood is hell. you can find this link at the bottom of my page. give it a read...

No comments: