where will all this end. i cant even watch the news its so depressing. new orleans for intents and purposes is gone. it just doesnt exist anymore. the people there just arent being rescued. why does it seem like we airlifted so much stuff to the tsunami victims but we arent doing it there. armed gangs are running the streets. people who were trapped there are being raped and beaten. corpses floating in the water. trucks with hospital supplies are being hijacked. this is like a scene out of a horror movie. this isnt going to end quickly either and its going to affect all of us. gas has shot up 70 cents a gallon here since wednesday. heating oil and natural gas are going to be wildly expensive this winter. gasoline shortages are here. consumer prices are going to rise due to one of our largest ports being closed. in spite of that i'm lucky that i dont live there. my family and i are safe and we have our home.
i dont have any answers....just alot of questions.
1. why wasnt the military brought in earlier to secure that city.
2. would the rescue effort be quicker if most of the people were white.
3. why has our government turned down help from the netherlands to help fix the
4. why did we turn down venezuelas offer of rescue helicopters
5. you can give money to the red cross or whoever but what else can someone do
6. why did we turn down irans offer of 1 billion dollars and 500k barrels of oil at $35/gallon
sorry if my depression gets you down but maybe thats what this country needs right now. have a great weekend