Tuesday, January 30, 2007

I'm back................

i'm back you bastards. thats right...you heard me. thank you verizon for keeping me off of the blog for so long. see it goes like this.......
we had a problem with our phone line. we could hear our neighbors conversations and they could hear ours. we didnt even need to dial. just pick up and talk to a neighbor. now since i dont have aparty line and didnt need to speak to mabel down at the general store i called verizon. they said it was probably a problem with the line inside my house and they would charge me to come out. i explained that it never happened before and it would also mean that my lines are connected to the neighbor. she didnt seem impressed by my deduction. she then directed me to go outside to the box on the side of my house, open it up, disconnect the phone line and plug one of my phones in there and see if its still happening. i asked how much they would pay me to do their job then went and did it. same problem. i called them back and they asked if i would try it with a different phone (in the event the first phone was the problem). i refused and requested that they come out to the house. they did and , to nobodys suprise, it was their problem. they fixed it. you would think it would have ended there but.........
alas it did not. on new years eve we left the house to go to dinner. the verizon guy was up on the pole across from our house and yelled that he was fixing our dsl problem. we explained that we didnt have verizon dsl nor did we have a problem. he fixed that. that was the last time we were able to go online. when i called verizon to explain they said they only guarantee their own dsl. even after i explained that we didnt have a problem until their man worked on it but it fell on deaf ears. everyone confirmed that it was verizons problem but being a monopoly they didnt care so we now have verizon fiber optic internet.
i am convinced that this is the way they get people onto their service. oh well, i'm back just the same and trying to organize everything that went on while i was away. this may take a while to catch up but i'll do my best.

back to work everyone. time isnt going to waste itself you know

4 comments:

curmudgeon said...

Those fuckers. They're just like everyone else : the bigger the company, the less the service.

Welcome back there stranger. I was beginning to think you gave the blog shit up!

shoes said...

i could never give you guys up. this is therapy

BAC said...

At last! I'm starved for news of the outside world. I was forced to watch FOX News on several occasons to know who I should be pissed at. Welcome back!

Anonymous said...

Thats a great way to get people to use your internet service, just install it and disconnect whoever they were using. Recently Verizon was
trying the same thing in Sarasota, Fla but they kept on breaking into water pipes in one neighborhood, so they finally had to give up!